DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my bathtub faucets keep spinning, and the other leaks, so I want to get them replaced. I think they are stirling valves but I can't seem to find anything that remotely looks like these valves in the stores. As long as the threading fits, can I use any kind of valve? Second question is that I think it has a seat but have no idea how to remove it. I bought a tapered seat wrench, seeing the 4 grooves but its too small and besides there isn't any room to fit it all the way through. So I'm not sure what kind of tool I'd need to remove them. Both valves are slightly different too, though the seats look the same, however one of them looks metal while the other is plastic. Any help would be appreciated in getting these seats out and finding a replacement.


1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.