DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am updating my laundry/mechanical room. My house was built in the 50s and on a crawl. My laundry/mechanical room is on a slab on the other side of the garage. I have many issues with this room.:confused1: My first question is about flooring. I would like to raise the floor somehow so that you do not have to step up into the kitchen. There is a drain in the middle of the floor and I don't know how to work this in. There is also many components to the AC/Furnace running along the floor as well. Also, I would like to add a shower/toilet/sink in this space as well, we only have one bath in the house. There was a shower that has been taken out, can I connect the toilet to the same exhast as the shower?

·
Registered
37,222 Posts
With that many issues you would be far better off making some call to local General contractors that can come on site to see what your trying to do.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I guess my first question is that I do not understand your description of the layout.

Most likely you can not put the toilet where the shower was. The shower was probably 2" which would be too small. At least you have DVW to this space already though. I would sketch out a bathroom plan, bust out the floor and rough in plumb to the existing drain, and finish of your bathroom.

Do not understand the bit about the floor being lower than the kitchen.

B

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess my first question is that I do not understand your description of the layout.

Do not understand the bit about the floor being lower than the kitchen.

B
B,
When you enter the house through the garage you enter into my laundry/mechanical room, then up one step to into the kitchen. I would like the floors to be the same height (building up the floor) but I have a drain and oil line running to the furnace.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
B,
When you enter the house through the garage you enter into my laundry/mechanical room, then up one step to into the kitchen. I would like the floors to be the same height (building up the floor) but I have a drain and oil line running to the furnace.
hey mommy i get what your saying but we still would need some pictures of area you want to redue ...under the crawl space ,,, a look at existing plumbing.... and don't be afraid to apply what joe said about getting a contractor out to help guide you through it on site? ben:yes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey mommy i get what your saying but we still would need some pictures of area you want to redue ...under the crawl space ,,, a look at existing plumbing.... and don't be afraid to apply what joe said about getting a contractor out to help guide you through it on site? ben:yes:
Ben's,
I have been trying to upload a picture and having a hard time. I will post as soon as I can get them uploaded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts