DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe the title of this thread doesn't do my question justice, but anyway...

I have a footing all formed and ready to have the local rockery bring me some concrete to pour. The problem is that the footing is 5'8" below ground. It's a footing for a retaining wall and has no way of me reaching it with a wheelbarrow, like by a ramp, or ground slope. Also, I don't think I can't simply pour the concrete by tilting the wheelbarrow from the surface 4'8" above because it might spill, and there are areas where the wheelbarrow won't make it.

So I guess my question is, is there like a concrete ramp I can rent/build that will allow me to slide the concrete from the wheelbarrow to the footing? I'd move it as one area got done and keep on going from there...

Also noticed that there are those big cement pump trucks. Are those typically more expensive to deliver vs the traditional cement truck? Or would I need both trucks (that sounds like it'd be really expensive)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Many times a concrete company have conveyors that will place concrete without the use of a pump. Check to see if the concrete company has one!

·
Super Moderator
20,953 Posts
You can build yourself a ramp out any material you might have laying around. A couple of 2x6 or 2x8 strapped together or plywood with 2x4 sides.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
trlr pumps are $750 for 1/2d here in atl,,, that's just the pump + the mix is different w/smaller rock in it,,, its a pita to move the 3" - 4" hose around a jobsite when its empty let alone when its full of conc :furious: front discharge trk may work for you or even a bobcat :huh: watch out for excavation sidewall cave-ins :eek:

no idea where your 'where' is but i'd sure wait for dry ground

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, I think the way to go is pump... it's 7 yards worth of concrete, so it'll be well under the minimum 3h they do here in Northern California.. I'll basically end up paying 300%+ of what I should, but I guess that's what I need to do...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts