DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oppurtunity to get a 30x40 pole building. the only catch is it needs to be moved and relocated at my property.

has anyone ever done this and have any suggestions for me? the steel is nailed not screwed. i was able to get a hold of the head of a nail and it pulled fairly easily. I estimated it has aprox 1600 nails holding the siding on. Please give me some suggestions on how to do this!
Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,444 Posts
Are you looking to dismantle and re-assemble it or move it whole? If you want to dismantle it then the main structure is likely bolted together. Not sure about the siding. Is it finished inside?

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
take pics, grab a sharpie, dismantle piece by piece, numbering/lettering each piece (inside, not outside) and mark the #s on the pics where they go.

i'm jealous.....

DM

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep defiantely planning on disassembling and reassembling on our site. Just not sure how much work it would be or if the odds of salvaging the majority of the material would be good.

I dont think it would be too bad. Just matter of pulling the 1600 nails holding the siding on. then stripping the roof. then the trusses then the sidewalls

Then reverse the whole process.. HOW HARD CAN IT BE?:whistling2:

·
Super Moderator
22,444 Posts
I would count on at some of the siding and roof being unusable. Have a contingency of what you are going to use as replacement. Any parts that are made of wood have a the potential to be damaged and may need replacement as well.

Just some things to take into consideration before you get into this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts