DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for tips on how to keep the lantern level on the pole? It fits over the top of the pole but there are a few millimeters of space between the lantern top and the pole base so it wiggles. There's some snap on looking things and a hole for a screw. I guess I could try finding a black screw that fits that hole and try to make it sturdy enough?

(2) Also, there's a round 3/4" dia hole in the pole. Any ideas how to cover that hole?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,595 Posts
It appears there are 3 metal straps with 2 screws each. I'm not sure of their purpose. If those screws were to be screwed in until they contacted the pole the lantern could be leveled with those screws.

Plugging the hole. If you have a Ace hardware they may have a rubber grommet to plug the hole.

·
Naildriver
14,195 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The purpose of the hole is to install a ambient light sensor so the light will turn on at dusk and off at dawn. It actually makes sense to install one in many cases. If not the knockouts that Chandler posted should work very well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the purpose of the hole is to install a ambient light sensor so the light will turn on at dusk and off at dawn. It actually makes sense to install one in many cases. If not the knockouts that chandler posted should work very well.
thank you!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
To illuminate an ordinary backyard of a house, it will be quite enough to use a 10-watt camping lantern. But what is the size of your yard? Of course, if the size of the yard is significant or there are obstacles to the direct passage of light inside the yard, then it may be worth using several lamps. More power means more energy costs. If you aren`t going to do any work in the backyard at night for which good lighting would be needed, 10 watts is enough. I would even buy solar-powered street lights as the best option. Choosing a flashlight on such forums and Amazon will take you no more than an hour. So come on! Good luck!

·
Usually Confused
7,952 Posts
Problem is there's 3 "snap on" type things and one screw hole to get the fixture upright. I have no idea what the snap on things are for
Can you post a pic of the snap-on thingies? I'm not getting what you are describing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts