DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have bath tub installed in my basement. The tub's front and back long sides are leveled. but not left and right side. The tub are -1/4 off towards back from both the sides. I don't see any drain problem.

initially , The plumber used mortar to install & level the bath tub. actually the floor was not 100% leveled, but he left the tub un-leveled from sides, and now the bath tub is set.

I am going to install a surrounded wall tile (made of Veritek ) by myself, I noticed this problem now. The tub's manufacture mentioned the tub should be leveled perfectly.

Would I be able to level the bath tub ?

Plumbing fixture Rectangle Bathroom Flooring Line

I am installing this surrounding tile.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Have bath tub installed in my basement. The tub's front and back long sides are leveled. but not left and right side. The tub are -1/4 off towards back from both the sides. I don't see any drain problem.

initially , The plumber used mortar to install & level the bath tub. actually the floor was not 100% leveled, but he left the tub un-leveled from sides, and now the bath tub is set.

I am going to install a surrounded wall tile (made of Veritek ) by myself, I noticed this problem now. The tub's manufacture mentioned the tub should be leveled perfectly.

Would I be able to level the bath tub ?

View attachment 665571

I am installing this surrounding tile.
Is there a stringer on the back of the tub? It can be 2 by 4 or 1 by 4 that is what you use to level a tub.
Then you add support under the tub legs.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I'm far from a plumber, but I always thought it was a good thing to have a tub tilted toward the back so splashed water would run into the tub rather than off the front edge?

Reactions: Steve2444

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I'm far from a plumber, but I always thought it was a good thing to have a tub tilted toward the back so splashed water would run into the tub rather than off the front edge?
That's what I thought as well, in fact both my tubs (installed 43 yrs ago) are slightly tilted back.
I know it's not settling because the tile would show that.

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
Well, given the lip on the edge of the tub is probably at least 1/2" (probably closer to 1"), the tub would need to be really out of level for water to get high enough to spill over the lip instead of back into the tub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.