DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
planning to install my entry way tiles with some accent strip, the design will be similar to the photo #1(a surrounding outline with diagonal pieces within). I'll be using the strip shown i photo #2.

How do I keep the strip straight, they tend to wiggle a lot. are there tools specifically for this task? thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,460 Posts
I also would never be using those tiny tiles there.
There more for an accent strip on a back splash over a sink or around and tub enclosure.
Notice in that picture there using much bigger tiles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just finished putting up a horizontal accent strip of mosaic and a vertical strip down the front of the shower behind the shower head and mixer. I was having the same problem with all of them shifting and sliding around. I didn't have any of the plastic wedges so ended up using a box of toothpicks. Snapped them in half and put them in pointed end towards the wall. They self centered themselves and the diameter of the toothpicks were almost exactly the spacing of the mosaic I was installing.

Granted that might not work for every installation but sometimes during remodels you have to get creative!

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.