DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick question. How do i get these trim pieces to stay on the ceiling? Ive stapled them with two lengths of staples, ive liquid nailed them, i dont want to use normal nails or screws because they would be immediatley obvious. I dont know what to do, every time i try something, i come back the next day and the :censored: thing is laying on the floor again!:furious: Please help me!

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the other pieces are held up with brad nails, but no electric = no brad nailer. No rosettes in this trailer. the ceiling panels are glued up i suppose.there are staples and brad nails along the edges but nothing in the middle.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive had good luck with gorilla wood glue when building cabinets, but it doesnt want to stick here. The materials are the trim is made of 1/4" paneling, cut in strips and bradnailed to the ceiling. The ceiling is made of hardboard, painted white and with a grainy texture that is super annoying to work with. nothing wants to stick to it. Even liquid nails let go.

·
Registered
146 Posts
when you glued it, did you put a piece of lumber under it to press it against the ceiling until it dries enough for you to remove the lumber?

if not perhaps try wedging a 2x4 in there to hold it up

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wedged my bifold doors up against it to keep it there, they are the only thing i have that is tall enough. ill try the Loctite and see if i can find some brown finish nails, i cant use silver because it will show.

·
Registered
37,461 Posts
Not going to happen, just use use a nail set and a dab of matching wood filler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.