DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
dot specs require a much stronger and more expensive concrete repair material, such as HD50,,, unfamiliar w/hd50 - is set 45 allowed ? mag phosphate ?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
is set 45 allowed ? mag phosphate ?
I don't know whether those would meet our material specs or not. If you really want to know, you can compare the product specs with the requirements on pages 798 and 799 of the WYDOT construction specifications.

You could also take a look at the list of pre-qualified products from our Materials program. I didn't see anything I recognized as the products you mentioned, though. HD-50, a Dayton Superior product, is one of the first listed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Bags of concrete, thinset, etc. are not water proof, they're water resistant. The shelf life is not as long as you might think.
I believe the main thing wrong there is it wasn't finished properly. A concrete surface is troweled with a steel trowel which actually drives the aggregate down. Watch a finisher some time, you'll notice every once in a while they reach over and remove a stone.
Crazy as it sounds, believe your quickest way home is to do it again, as Andy suggested.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts