DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a house a few months ago. The rear patio has this small wall around its 3 sides. At one end, the bottom brick is missing. Apart from not looking great, I worry about the rest of the wall long term not having that bottom support. See pics.

How do I fix this? I want to make sure theres someway to make sure the support is still there. Is there a way to make a small mold around the whole and pour concrete in so it fills up?

Im not too worried about the aesthetics of repair, I just want to make sure the support is there.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
retired framer
44,574 Posts
I have never had to do it but i found this. I am sure the box store would have the products if you can find a brick.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Inserting a brick into the middle or bottom of a wall is tough for a rookie. Looks easier in the videos. So look at it as a learning experience. Fortunately, its only one brick.

·
retired framer
44,574 Posts
Inserting a brick into the middle or bottom of a wall is tough for a rookie. Looks easier in the videos. So look at it as a learning experience. Fortunately, its only one brick.
If you have buy a whole bag of mortar you have many, many trys if you don't like how it looks, :biggrin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts