DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loosen the big plastic nut on the bottom of the tank and turn that unit a little. And the over flow tube will be out of the way.
Okay, got the bolts off.

Do you think I need a bigger gasket? It seems harder to pull over the nut than in the installation video.

Attachments

· Naildriver
24,765 Posts
Remember, too, you may be working on a 5 or 6 gallon flush system, which is outdated and should be changed out to a more efficient one. Today's standard is about 1.6 gallons per flush.

· Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remember, too, you may be working on a 5 or 6 gallon flush system, which is outdated and should be changed out to a more efficient one. Today's standard is about 1.6 gallons per flush.
It's a Briggs 1.6gpf.

Just looked again, and a 3" gasket is way too big. This black one is 2" and it is even too big. You can see the space between the pipe and gasket that I can fit a screwdriver in.

So I need a smaller gasket?

Attachments

· Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Got a new toilet. There's a crack in the flange where one of the bolts goes. I bought a metal repair ring.

It appears there are no screws in the original flange. Should I screw the repair ring with Tapcons?

And if there's no screws, what is holding the original flange in place?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.