DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Doing it myself
3,838 Posts
This has been a really entertaining thread. My Mom still insists on having those garbage padded seats. They always crack, or get holes in them, very unsanitary. They go to all the trouble of making porcelain toilets because they are about as unabsorbant of a material as you can get. Same with normal high density plastic seats. I honestly can't understand why padded seats are allowed to be on the market.

That's one thing that I remember about my Grandmother's house growing up so vividly is her rosy pink padded toilet seats. I hated doing my business on those things. :furious:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You guys know what this forum needs?

It needs a gong!:yes:
lol Never thought this thread would go to 3 pages, but it's getting there fast!

Status Update: After trying it out, I thought it was fine, although it does seem to have a thicker cushion than my last one, so you do sink down a bit more, which had my Dad a bit rattled. He also says the hole is smaller than the old one. /sigh/

So, I'm probably going to end up buying a new hard style, which I don't care for because they're always cold! (I usually put some toilet paper down on the seat in that case, but it's kind of a waste.)

But now I've got to try and measure the opening and get something a little bigger! :mad:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.