DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My bathtub faucet drips. See the picture. I have labeled 1, 2 and 3 on the three parts of the bathtub faucet.

What is this kind of bathtub faucet called and which part should be removed to be fixed, only the Part 2 or all three parts? Thank you for your help?

· Registered
37,499 Posts
If you can see a brand name some place on #1 Or can ID it somehow most manufactures will send you the new cartrage for free.

· Retired Moderator
25,780 Posts
Yep--number one--single handled mixer valve----it needs a new cartridge----

If you can remove the handle and cover plate----and post a picture of the valve---

Someone here might recognize the brand-----

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What to do next?

The bathtub faucet is the Peerless. Is it called single lever bathtub or shower faucet? I have removed the collar. Here is the picture.

The blue guard has instructions, “Remove this guard before installing trim.”

Not like the sink water house that it is usually below the sink, the pipe of the bathtub faucet is behind the wall. How to shut off the water supply, from the outside? Can you tell how to do next after the collar has been removed as well as what tool is needed? Thank you.

· Retired Moderator
25,780 Posts
Look under the handle for a screw---remove that with an Allen wrench and take another picture.

Peerless is not a popular brand----
make calls to parts places and see if the parts are available locally.

· Registered
10 Posts
If your problem is the faucet dripping, you should first turn off your water source first then examine where could be the damage. Then, you should contact your trusted and reliable plumber. They could do the best thing than you can do and it would be best if it is done professionally and efficiently.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Got the Installation Guild

Hi! I have asked the Peerless about the model of my Peerless leaky tub faucet. They identified it is the model PTT188752 tub/shower faucet. They provided me with an installation guild. I have two questions. 1) Should I replace the Valve Cartridge and request the part, Repair Kit RP70538? I have removed the Escutcheon. You may see the picture in my early posting. 2) After I removed the Level Handle with the set screw, the rest of the parts have no screws and thread and I just need to pull them out one by one, the Trim Sleeve, O-Ring and Trim Sleeve until the Valve Cartridge. Is it correct? Thank you for your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.