DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a CLF Bulb go out in my house. I've heard they contain mercury and I'm wondering what the porper way to dispose of them is? Is there a special meathod or do you just throw them in the trash?

lightbulb.jpg

Also, one end of my bulb looks burnt. Is that normal or is that something I should be worried about?

Here is a photo

burntbulb.jpg

Thanks guys.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
17,248 Posts
Home Depot & other stores take these back
Do not throw it in th trash - they do have a small amount of Mercury

I have seen the burnt ends on a few, usually means the ballast went
OR
it may be nearing the end of its life cycle

Is the bulb still working ?
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top