DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to figure out if the warm setting on my front loader washer is really using warm water? I run the water to get it warm from the set tub next to the washer but I have no clue if that helps or not. (I do that because it takes a long time for hot water to reach the faucet even though the water heater is just below in the basement.) Thanks in advance.

·
Naildriver
10,573 Posts
If you are getting hot water next to the washer, the warm water is entering the washer. Some things just require faith. Put the back of your hand on the glass while it is washing. It should be warm to the touch.

Reactions: beechers

·
Registered
584 Posts
Is there a way to figure out if the warm setting on my front loader washer is really using warm water? I run the water to get it warm from the set tub next to the washer but I have no clue if that helps or not. (I do that because it takes a long time for hot water to reach the faucet even though the water heater is just below in the basement.) Thanks in advance.
Quick check get a refrigerators thermometer and put it their , they are sealed , get the round type, when done put in the refrigerator ?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don’t you have an add a garment button that allows you to open door after it starts filling? Or cancel button that allows that?

·
Naildriver
10,573 Posts
Quick check get a refrigerators thermometer and put it their , they are sealed , get the round type, when done put in the refrigerator ?
I know it made sense to you when you wrote it, but traveling through the internet something happened.

add a garment button
Just to make sure the water is warm??? Back of hand on the window will tell without all the opening and closing.

Reactions: Nealtw

·
Registered
597 Posts
Take the hoses off and clean the screens......your problem will be solved.

·
Registered
772 Posts
If the dispenser is on top (e.g., Speed Queen) - Open the lid of the detergent compartment on top and feel the water coming in during pre-wash or wash.

If the dispenser is a pull-out drawer on the front: pull it out after the washer fills up with water. Compartment would be hot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts