DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this forum so I apologize for any mistakes.

I simply ask for some suggestions on how to make my desk look better. I have no sense of design, but I do want to have a nice looking desk.

I have attached some photos.

Thanks.

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_7153.jpg

·
Naildriver
10,809 Posts
What's wrong with the one you have? It looks spacious, with overhead storage and a smooth surface. What are you looking for?

·
retired painter
10,013 Posts
I arrange my desk more for function, if it looks nice that's a bonus but having a work space that works for me is more important!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I agree with Chandler that it looks pretty good. But if you want to make it look more like a desk, possibly one or two filing cabinets on the sides. And of course, code says that if you want to call it a desk, you must have a computer on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Isn't that a laptop sitting in the middle all by itself?
He should put a mouse next to the laptop, so said laptop doesnt get lonely.:biggrin2:

Reactions: Nik333

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm not sure how a desk can get more functional than what you have. It's a big, flat table with nice lighting and shelving above.

Hoping you have a mouse for the laptop. A mouse will make you much more productive than with trying to fumble around on a touch screen or touch pad.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I guess the appearance is a little stark. Maybe that's the issue? Some people like a small desk lamp because the built in lighting is harsh.

What things put you in a frame of mind to relax and focus? A small vase with a flower? A picture of family? A small stuffed animal? It could be many things. A little action figure?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts