DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Lennox EL296UHV Elite Series Gas Furnace, a Lennox Elite Series XC14 Airconditioner, and an Arzel Zoning Heat Pump Pro. These devices have been installed for about 7 years and unfortunately, I have never been too happen with them. On year two, I contacted the installation company to complain about the heat on floor two of our home and, specifically, the heat in our bedroom. The installer sent out a technician who made some adjustments and whatever he did increased the air flow very dramatically in our bedroom and throughout zone 2 of our 2 zone system. The air flow was so strong, that it made a loud hissing noise as it passed the grate covers on each of the ducts. One grate, made of plastic, often flew out from its hole and has since been replaced with a metal grate cover. Anyhow, the installer now sends a technician out as we transition from spring to summer and from fall to winter and while the technician makes adjustments each time, no subsequent technician has been able to replicate the airflow we were able to achieve when complaining after that first year. I have tried to make adjustments and have also been unsuccessful. Might someone here have some suggestions that would increase the fan speed and airflow to zone 2? At the moment, zone 2 weight is set to 60 and zone 1 weight is set to 40 within the Arzel control panel. Additionally, per the EL296UHV installation instructionsm, switch 5 is set to off and switch 6 is set to off for cooling mode blower speeds. This is the factory setting and table 14 of the manual suggests this is for "High" speed. Additionally, switch 7 is on and switch 8 is off and table 15 suggests this increases cooling blower speed by 10%. Lastly, switch 14 is on and switch 15 is off for continuous blower speed of 70% of high cool speed as suggested by Table 18. You can see the tables I reference at: https://imgur.com/a/mM87pcL Of course, I'm happy to answer any questions. Thank you for reading and offering any advice. I'd call the installer and complain again, but I'm not confident the next technician will be able to achieve what that first technician did. I should have asked him what he did so that it could be replicated in the future. I don't mind the noise of the airflow so much. But I do mind the 82 degree bedroom!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.