I don't trust the wireless speakers for peak performance. You say there is basement under the living room? That's probably easiest route to go:
1) Buy a fish tape reel:
2) Buy some kind of wire wall plate:
3) Pick the location where you want the speaker wire to enter the wall from the AV system and cut the correct size hole for the wire plate there (you can use a razor or drywall saw). Leave the plate off for now.
4) Remove the baseboard directly below the wall plate. Using a 1" spade bit, drill a hole as vertically as possible from the base of the wall down into the basement (directly below the wall plate hole). This will probably need to go through the wall framing on the floor. Check the area in the ceiling where your bit will come through to make sure you won't hit pipes, wires etc. Be sure to make the hole so that it will be covered when you put the baseboard back on.
5) Run your speaker wires through the front of the wire plate, through the plate hole, then through the baseboard hole down into the basement. Use the fish tape reel if you need to. Connect the wire plate to the wall, replace the baseboard.
6) Make appropriate speaker mount holes in the walls where you want your speakers. Make them as big as you can still allowing the mount to be installed properly and cover the holes. Leave the mounts off for now.
7) Remove the baseboard directly under the location of your 1st speaker. Make another baseboard hole just like the first one (checking for plumbing etc.)
8) Locate this hole in the basement and run the appropriate wire to it. Staple or otherwise secure the wire run to the underside of the floor.
9) Run the wire up through the baseboard hole (using the fish tape reel if needed) then secure it at the baseboard hole so it doesn't drop back through the hole.
10) Drop the fish tape reel behind the drywall from the speaker mount hole down to the baseboard hole and use it to reel the speaker wire behind the drywall and out through the mount hole. Run it through the back of the mount, then secure the mount to the wall and replace the baseboard.
10) Repeat process with other speaker.
Using the fish tape reel you could also run the wires behind crown molding or under carpet (carpet may be tricky depending on how and were it is secured to the subfloor).