DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should I pay to have all of the trim in my home painted white? My home is about 3000 square feet... this would include window trim...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Welcome!

Questions like this cannot be well answered here due to the many unknown variables, to include local prevailing costs, etc. Best suggestion is to get at least three bids from local reputable service providers and go from there.

·
Premium Member
7,899 Posts
Welcome!

Questions like this cannot be well answered here due to the many unknown variables, to include local prevailing costs, etc. Best suggestion is to get at least three bids from local reputable service providers and go from there.
Well said, Vsheetz. We would need to know.......how many lineal ft., not square footage of home. What kind of trim? There are literally hundreds of trim profiles out there. Is it wood, mdf, plastic? If it's wood, what kind of wood? Are you changing colors? Do you want primer and 2 coats of paint? Do you want it sprayed, rolled, or brushed? Do you want the trim removed, painted, and reapplied? So many variables.

·
Registered
318 Posts
as was said these questions are really hard to answer, where are you located? How many doors, what type of doors? How many windows? What type of windows, vinyl, paintable movables, 6 over 6's, 9 over 9's, 12 over 12's? How much crown, is is layered. any dental block, what kind of mantle, does it have dental mold? What condition is your trim in? Does it need to be primed? how many coats? see how the variables are?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts