DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing some remodeling in the kitchen. The kitchen sink had its own 2" vent stack that went through the roof. I wont be needing it anymore and easily pulled down the 2" pipe out of the roof. Now there is a hole in the roof. How would i properly seal this hole off?

·
flipping slumlord
5,116 Posts
I am doing some remodeling in the kitchen.
Now there is a hole in the roof.
This is a roofing question... not a plumbing question.
The answers will depend on the sort of roofing you have, how much you care about appearance and things like that.

Short term...
something like a metal cap over the boot with good tape will keep the weather out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a roofing question... not a plumbing question.
The answers will depend on the sort of roofing you have, how much you care about appearance and things like that.

Short term...
something like a metal cap over the boot with good tape will keep the weather out.
I forgot to add... I don't want to deal with going on the roof

·
Registered
37,459 Posts
So you pulled the pipe out and now have a 2" hole in the roof but to not want to get on the roof and fix the hole:eek:
Sorry not going to happen. Someone's going to have to get up on the roof to fix it, how depends on what type roof it is.

·
Roofmaster
3,731 Posts
Look before you leap, in this case, think before you yank.

Option 1: Go in the attic, glue on a cap and shove the pipe back up there. Im assuming a rubber All-Vent?

Option 2, The Right way: Remove the flashing, cover the hole with sheet metal and properly install shingles. You did have them leave you a square or so when you had the roof done, right?

Scardy Cat! :tongue_smilie:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.