DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Home Theater
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing Dimmable LED Rope Light (ETL-Listed 110V 120V AC) - linked below - along the molding in my media room.

My question is, am I able to hardwire something like this to a dimmer switch if I use a junction box, etc.? Or, can I just plug it in to an outlet and connect said outlet to a dimmer switch. The internet is a dangerous place and I've read that people do both, but I don't know what code allows. What's the best way to do this?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I am installing Dimmable LED Rope Light (ETL-Listed 110V 120V AC) - linked below - along the molding in my media room.

My question is, am I able to hardwire something like this to a dimmer switch if I use a junction box, etc.? Or, can I just plug it in to an outlet and connect said outlet to a dimmer switch. The internet is a dangerous place and I've read that people do both, but I don't know what code allows. What's the best way to do this?

The product description says it should be used with this dimmer controller. The dimmer comes with a non-removeable power cord, and is meant to be plugged into a standard receptacle. You shouldn't cut the plug off and attempt to hardwire it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.