DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have old wood around new windows (I just bought the house) and would like to cover the wooden trim with vinyl or aluminum. Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to do this project myself? A video would be helpful, or just instructions!

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Covering wood trim conceals the visual to any damge that will occur. I would replace the wood with one of the Polyboard materials out there.
Ron

·
Home Performance
1,542 Posts
Window capping really isn't a novice level task. You need access to and experience on a break, as well as the knowledge to flash ind install it properly. If done incorrectly it can direct water INTO the wall. You can probably find somebody local to do it for anywhere between $30-$70 per window including materials. You can try it if you're feeling very ambitious, you just might end up spending more by doing it yourself.

·
Super Moderator
12,844 Posts
I completely agree with HomeSealed, it took me many, many jobs of pretending I knew what I was doing, bending metal and installing window wraps, fascia etc. before I even started to liked my own work.

Hire it out and go look at a few jobs your prospective trim wrapper has done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.