DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Discussion starter · #27 ·
Hello everyone. I got my damper with collar. see the attached picture. I have few questions before I installed it.

1. I think, The damper should be open vertically as picture says. because the inside blower/fan is sucking up-stair air as well. Having damper open horizontally at the same may block some air coming from above floor. right ?
2. The damper is not 100% stopped. It stills move 10 degree left and right if I try to move the damper. Is there any problem in noise when fan sucking air from ?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille Bumper
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille Bumper

Thanks!

The damper is usually installed how its easiest to access it.

Shouldn't be a noise problem, unless the rest of the return is under sized.

Reactions: viky
Hello everyone. I got my damper with collar. see the attached picture. I have few questions before I installed it.

1. I think, The damper should be open vertically as picture says. because the inside blower/fan is sucking up-stair air as well. Having damper open horizontally at the same may block some air coming from above floor. right ?
2. The damper is not 100% stopped. It stills move 10 degree left and right if I try to move the damper. Is there any problem in noise when fan sucking air from ?
View attachment 666180 View attachment 666180
Thanks!
1. sure
2. Shouldn't be a problem.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.