DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My house, when built, was wired with surround sound. Behind the TV is all the wires for the speakers in the ceiling. For the subwoofer there are two wires and behind my couch is a mysterious single rca type outlet. I'm assuming this is for placement of my subwoofer behind my couch. My question is why is there two wires on one end and a rca way on the other side of my room. I have a high end receiver which requires me to use a rca to rca connection so I can't place my subwoofer behind my couch.

How do they expect you to wire it and is this a rca for my subwoofer?

·
Registered
302 Posts
My house, when built, was wired with surround sound. Behind the TV is all the wires for the speakers in the ceiling. For the subwoofer there are two wires and behind my couch is a mysterious single rca type outlet. I'm assuming this is for placement of my subwoofer behind my couch. My question is why is there two wires on one end and a rca way on the other side of my room. I have a high end receiver which requires me to use a rca to rca connection so I can't place my subwoofer behind my couch.

How do they expect you to wire it and is this a rca for my subwoofer?
You should be able to attach an RCA/phono plug adapter to the wires so that you can hook up to your receiver. RadioShack can probably get you the necessary parts without any trouble.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.