DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently bought and moved into a remodeled 3 bedroom/2 bath house that was originally built in 1956. It has 14 breakers plus the main breaker. We installed our old washing machine/dryer from our previous home. When the washer agitates the lights in the house flicker slightly. What is wrong?:sad:

I have a cyber power computer backup battery/regulated power source. It does not show any change in input voltage. But, sometimes there is a complete loss of power for about half a second before the flickering starts.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
You have a bad/loose connection somewhere,
So when the machine agetates it's drawing max power
And a bad connecttion means it's not getting it's required full power
If it causes the lights to flicker then its upstream from the machine
are the lights on the same circuit as the machine ?

·
Registered
435 Posts
electric motors will make lights flicker because of current draw.have an electrican check all connections,then have power company check there side. if all is well, i wouldn't concern myself too much. as lawnguylandsparky said you me be a long way from the transformer causing voltage drop.:smile::smile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
almost all the interior and exterior lights flicker. There is a bank of flourescent tubes that does not flicker and at least two lights that do not flicker. The lights vary from LED's, flourescent bars, spiral tubes, and standard tungsten bulbs and spotlights. Turning on the dryer results in a momentary power loss- too fast to trigger the beeping of my computer's backup battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.