DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing? I am looking to install a hot water boiler in my basement but don't really have the space since I am currently occupying some space for the forced hot air and central AC for the rest of the house and a hot water heater. So this is my thought, please tell me if I'm off:
I want to remove my hot water heater and install a tankless gas water heater and a small hot water boiler for basement heat, OR, can I buy a combo unit that will provide me with hot water to the house for showering, etc.. And hot water for heating the basement? Please help. Thank you in advance!

·
Administrator
42,397 Posts
There are a couple wall hung units that will do what you want.

Quietside is one off the top of my head.

Reactions: willrod29

·
Experienced HVAC Tech
357 Posts
willrod29 said:
Thank u HVAC 1000. Is this ok to do as far as efficiency and functionality? Do the heaters reduce in effectiveness when running hot water like showering?
If I understand your question right no running water while unit is on will not effect efficiency. These units are in fact very efficient and safe a lot of money over common tank water heaters

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.