DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm actually posting for a friend, who doesnt have the patience to ask for help. Here is the scenario: She was adding water to her hot tub and forgot about it. (For like an hour) When she remembered, the water was over flowing the sides and it was no longer working. The model is a ThermoSpa 1900. It did not trip a breaker in the house and she can not find a reset button. She is afraid that she fried her control panel

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
The spa should have a disconnect panel mounted near it, often on the house wall. It must be in plain sight by code.
It should look somewhat similar to this.
https://www.amazon.com/Square-Schneider-Electric-HOME250SPA-Homeline/dp/B000BQT1AS
Turn it off, then back on. That will reset the GFCI in the disconnect.

If it trips immediately, that means things are still too wet inside the spa. It can take days for things to dry out, depending on what got wet.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Most spa panels I've dealt with are located near the tub.....and get power from a breaker inside the house.....and beep annoyingly when the gfci in them is tripped. If your friend is getting nada at the disconnect, I would have her push the inside breaker off HARD anid then re-set. Also, if it still doesn't work, I'd pull off a couple of side panels and put a fan in there to dry things out? A WET control panel does not necessarily mean a DEAD control panel. Dry it up and it might work just fine. Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts