DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my meter my service goes to an outside 200a disconnect switch before entering my house to the main panel. I am hoping this is a straight-forward yes or no answer :smile:

My question is can I come off of this disconnect switch to a Eaton Type BR 50 Amp Spa Panel?? From this I will directly hook up into the spa which is wired for 240v.

Does this have to go thru the house panel before the spa panel?? Thanks for any input, greatly appreciated.

·
Licensed Electrical Cont.
7,829 Posts
If it's just a 200A disconnect, then a hard no.

·
7,829 Posts
Is there any other way of doing this besides going thru the main panel in the house??
Can't say without knowing how your house/service is setup.
Probably not.

·
A "Handy Husband"
14,356 Posts
Replace the disconnect with a small exterior breaker panel (4 space minimum). Refeed (4 wire) the inside panel from this new panel. Install a 50 amp breaker to feed the spa from the new panel.

·
7,829 Posts
Replace the disconnect with a small exterior breaker panel (4 space minimum). Refeed (4 wire) the inside panel from this new panel. Install a 50 amp breaker to feed the spa from the new panel.
Yeah, or this. :wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.