DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say "hopeless" because sometimes I prove to be more creative and just plain stubborn than functionally or efficiently handy (though I will say that usually I eventually figure it out).

I'm the one going into the hardware store asking for something that will do X and having no idea where (or if) I might find it and what it might actually be used for (it seldom is meant to do X). I get the clerks scrambling. Lol.

This is one way I test hardware stores. Two reactions to me generally - a look of lightly veiled annoyance or apathy (or maybe slight fear?) and an "I dont' know." or "We don't have anything like that." vs. some spark going off as the gears start turning, combing through their knowledge of store inventory in search of something that will do X! My fav. hardware store is one in which I frequently (almost always) encounter the later reaction. Love it!

Anyway, here I am. Trying to figure out interesting solutions to things, and sometimes making things more difficult in the process - but hey, you've gotta learn somehow, right? (and let's just say I've learned lots!)

:)

Hi!

·
Retired Moderator
25,768 Posts
Welcome to the site! Lots of others learning too.--Mike--

·
Stuck in the 70's
2,205 Posts
Welcome Missy!

I will warn you to be careful of any advice given at the big box stores. You may get someone who knows what they're talking about, but they have to cover so many different departments the odds are really against it. There are lots of stories here of them steering people wrong.

I'm a skeptic. Before I start a major project, I want to hear the same advice from at least three different sources.
This place is my favorite one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts