DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on purchasing a pegboard to reorganize my tool bench. However, the number of hooks that I'll need is kind of unsettling. Has anyone made their own?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
The better ones connect in two places and are worth the money. It can be surprising how much it adds up to but I've never seen a homemade one that was worth the effort. There is a wide variance in pricing so shopping them may be worth the effort.

·
Registered
13,595 Posts
I am planning on purchasing a pegboard to reorganize my tool bench. However, the number of hooks that I'll need is kind of unsettling. Has anyone made their own?
I never made any because I bought about a hundred bucks worth at auction for 10 cents on the dollar and don't need to.

If you good with a wire welder you could probably make them of stick welding rod after you made the jigs to duplicate the required bends.

·
World's Tallest Midget
1,467 Posts
I had a pegboard for my tools, and I hated it. Probably because it was a thin gauge metal piece of crap that the hooks always fell off of.

The moral of the story is I converted to French cleats and haven't looked back.

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
I love my pegboard which came with the house, but no pegs.

I bought short and long pegs at Walmart. Never thought to look at H. F.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
You can get then with the piece of plastic that holds the bottom of the hook in, without this every time you take something off the board the hook will fall out. And at the box store they have several different thing that can used with pegboard, well worth the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
I haven't found any peg board locks or clips that have worked well over time for me.
I found that securing the hooks with some hot glue near the low point of contact works well. When you need to move one, just pop it loose with a stiff putty knife.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts