DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Eveyone,
I have an oil-fired furnace with an attached water tank . Yesterday without any reason the furnACE (BURNER) stopped running. I noticed that the circulator pump is working. I"m suspecting the L8148A (controller) but wanted to know how I can check to see if the controller is sending power to my burner. I did buy a new controller but before I replace it, I wnated to make sure because once I install the controller and the burner still doesn't work I can't return the new controller.

Any help would be appreciated:(

Just wanted to add more info:

The Thermostat R8184 G 4009 red buttom pops up after about 30 seconds. When I press it nothing happens. This is a new one of a year ago. When I replace that with the old onje. the old one's red button stays down and doesn't pop up but still nothing with the burner. Don't really know what that means

Also, I changed the igniter with a new one. They seem to go a lot so I bought a spare one.

·
Administrator
42,484 Posts
Doubt its the L8148. Ignitors don't go out a lot. if they are. then something is very wrong.

Problem may be with primary or burner motor. Use a volt meter to find out what i wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a similar problem with my L8148E. Today is only the second day we have had the heat on this year, and the head did not come on this morning. Voltage at the thermostat was good, went to check the voltage between TV and T in the relay, something clicked and the system kicked on. One of the screws in the jumper between W and Z was loose, so maybe I bumped it with the voltmeter. Any thoughts as to what the problem could have been other than the loose connection? Thanks.

·
Administrator
42,484 Posts
No, its was most likely the loose connection. Only way to know for sure. is if it happens again, that wasn't the problem. If it doesn't happen again, then that was the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.