DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
You mean the Canadian guys at www.homesteadhousepaint.ca?

I haven't personally, but I haven't needed a traditional paint, say in traditional colours. But I understand they're the place to get such things as low VOC paints, milk paints etc for the traditionalists among us.

Quality stuff I understand, from Edifice magazine. Check it out. But what are you comparing it to?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for zero VOC and have considered BM and Lifemaster but according to homestead's website, you get more bang for your buck with them.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
If your main criteria for buying an exterior paint is zero-VOC then I am positive several paint companies can provide that; if it's 'traditional colours', the only a few make that and even fewer make both no-VOC and traditional colours - and Homestead Paints fits into that last category.

What do they mean "more bang for the buck"? more coverage? thicker paint film?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I'm looking for interior paint, not sure if I mis-communicated. I'm also not sure what you mean by "traditional" paint colour.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Oh, sorrry, though you meant outdoor paint. Either way, traditional paints are older paints i.e the pastels of 19th century homes...As far as I know, Homestead Paints make just those styled pastels shades in 100% acylic latex or oil bases. They also make milk paints, which are also 'traditional'.

Up here, if you have a historic house, there are preservationists who can guide you as to what colours were applied when the house was built, so you can recapture the days of old. Same thing I'm sure in the US...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts