DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DIY Homeowner
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had ceramic tile installed in our bathroom ,which means now I have to trim the bottom of my door, which is hollow, besides scoring it with a razor, using masking tape, and a plywood blade....any other hints or suggestions so it won't splinter?
Thanks
Barry

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Not from me! Other than if you are cutting with a hand circular saw put the "show" side down as that will get the cleanest cut. Then just trim the edges off of the insert that you might have cut off (hollow core doors being hollow at top and bottom except for small areas) and stick it back in between any hollow areas with some carpenters glue and good to go. Ron

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Build a guide using 1/4 inch material and a strip of Plywood that you run your skilsaw along in order to make a nice straight cut.

·
DIY Homeowner
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How would I figure how much to cut. I can't install it and measure, but I figured if I put both sets of hinges together and measure the distance between them, and cut that figure, is that a good idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.