DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Tileguy
10,705 Posts
My earlier mention of Sheldon Cooper sent me into recess-mode and I discovered that the now popular Big Bang Theory TV program is in fact a re-make of the original concept. I further learned that the program in its present form had a prior Pilot episode that never aired and was not picked up by the TV magnates.

The "original" Pilot is however available in its entirety. Funny as hell....

http://videosift.com/video/The-Big-Bang-Theory-00x00-Unaired-Test-Pilot

With a slight stretch of the imagination this derailment can be construed as also having to do with "hole saws" and "Bang Theories". Enjoy!:)

:oops::eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Go on the Bosch website. They list hole saw capacities of their drills in wood and metal. And it's interesting to see how a 0-850 rpm drill w/ the same torque rating as a 0-1100rpm drill will turn a bigger hole saw! Slower drills are better geared for bigger bits! It's not all about amps and torque but gearing(speed) as well!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
My Hitachi hammer drill works great for normal tasks with conventional materials but what I am holding out for is a wormhole-saw... the heck with drilling through a DeathStar hull. I want to make a 3" hole in the space-time continuum. I bet ThinkGeek will be selling something like this prettty soon!

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
My Hitachi hammer drill works great for normal tasks with conventional materials but what I am holding out for is a wormhole-saw... the heck with drilling through a DeathStar hull. I want to make a 3" hole in the space-time continuum. I bet ThinkGeek will be selling something like this prettty soon!
You're going to make Bud's head explode with this SCi Fi mumbo jumbo.
I need to get back to my Tardis project.
I don't think it's going to be bigger on the inside when I'm done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hole Saw

Love the tips on how to use the hole saw: rubbing soap on the outside and drilling a swarf removal hole where the saw cuts. Thanks!
I ordered a saw, but it's not here yet. DW-505K was my choice. I may fabricate a bracket to prevent it from twisting, if that is a problem. ON the other hand, should I break off all my fingers and both wrists, you may never hear from me again.
Regards,
The Force

PS: Critical factors in the decision making process were weight, 2 speeds, and the experience I already have with the hole saw. Also, the supplier offering a 3rd year of warranty.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.