DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a hammer drill to do some tap con screwing, worked great! for the first 30 screws... then I started to have speed issues... right now if I push the trigger in a tiny bit it should rotate slowly, but no, full speed! it never did this until recently... it use to be variable speed, but now it wont go anything but max... is it gone? or can I take it apart and clean it or anything? didn't really want to have to buy another one.... thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Could be a bad trigger switch.......But most hammer drills that I've ever used have not been variable speed, are you sure yours was? If it was I'd take it back to the store........if it's used or past the return period I'm sure a trigger could be had for $20-$60

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be a bad trigger switch.......But most hammer drills that I've ever used have not been variable speed, are you sure yours was? If it was I'd take it back to the store........if it's used or past the return period I'm sure a trigger could be had for $20-$60

yes, its a variable speed hammer drill

http://www.lowes.com/pd_194482-6770...=/pl__0__s?Ntt=hitachi+hammer+drill&facetInfo=

that's the specific one I have right now, not top end but alright for a DIY user..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts