DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you used any? Deck master seems like it'd work fine but the cost of all the brackets seems ridiculous when you add it up.

Without any real world experience, the camo system seems the most cost effective and to make sense to me.

What systems have you used that don't break the bank? Replacing the floor of our 10x20 deck and its stairs. It's 6 feet off the ground attached to a townhouse.

Using 2x6 for floor because that's how it is already. Lumber yards trying to talk me into 5/4 boards but I think that 1/2" difference may throw a lot off. Like stepping out of the sliding door onto deck, the deck trim or skirts, etc.

·
Registered
37,178 Posts
The top of the deck boards should never be any closer then a bare minimum of 2" of the threshold.
Make it even and there's a very good chance your going to get water under it causing damage.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't assume there's any easy fix for that though? It's a existing deck. stepping down to 5/4 boards will help me 1/2". They are placed directly on the joists as it is so I can't easily find another 1.5" to my knowledge.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was keeping that in mind when looking at the different systems. Camo puts them in at a 45 on the 2" side of the lumber. I just can't help but wonder that that'd split sometime soon. I can't find any long term reviews on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts