DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year my husband and I bought a beautiful passive solar home in foreclosure. Well, it COULD be a beautiful home! It needs a lot of cosmetic work. The 2 large decks are pretty rotted, the in ground pool hadn't been drained or maintained in years. And the landscaping was let go until it looks like an Amazon jungle. But it has such potential!
We call our little slice of heaven "Briar Ridge" because at the top of the hill, in the back of the house, is NOTHING but briars and the like!
We are relatively new to DIY but thanks to this forum and YouTube we have been able to get some good information and begin the process of getting the house in shape!

·
Big Dog
3,670 Posts
Welcome Aboard.

The one piece of advice I can give you is take on one job at a time.

It is easy to get caught up in trying to fix to many things at the same time. Trust me this will just lead to a lot of frustration.

This is one scenario where slow and steady really does win the race

·
Registered
13,595 Posts
Begin with the outdoors to do things then this winter when the snow is blowing you can look out as you work on the interior and feel real good about the job done last summer.

This is some real good advise from a old retired man that has a retirement motto that reads: - - just do what's fun and irresponsible - -:biggrin2:
I'll say "job well done" on most any before and after pictures provided.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts