DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there everyone. Just stopping in to say hi.

I've been a homeowner for 3 years and I've undertaken several DIY projects in that time including; finishing my basement, reshingling my garage, building a shed etc... I own a small 1950s Cape Cod style house (about 1100 sq ft) and I'm about to take on a major expansion of my second floor. In short, I plan to reduce the angle of my steep roof in order to gain about 400sqft of what is currently crawl space. I admit this project is a bit of a leap for me, but I have some experienced helpers to guide me through and a neighbour who performed an identical renovation last year. Nonetheless, I'm doing my best to educate myself as best I can. I know that these types of projects always yield surprises and I'm prepared to "roll with the punches" as they say. I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences and perhaps getting some good insight from the members on this board.

Thanks,
Lobos

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hello there everyone. Just stopping in to say hi.

I've been a homeowner for 3 years and I've undertaken several DIY projects in that time including; finishing my basement, reshingling my garage, building a shed etc... I own a small 1950s Cape Cod style house (about 1100 sq ft) and I'm about to take on a major expansion of my second floor. In short, I plan to reduce the angle of my steep roof in order to gain about 400sqft of what is currently crawl space. I admit this project is a bit of a leap for me, but I have some experienced helpers to guide me through and a neighbour who performed an identical renovation last year. Nonetheless, I'm doing my best to educate myself as best I can. I know that these types of projects always yield surprises and I'm prepared to "roll with the punches" as they say. I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences and perhaps getting some good insight from the members on this board.

Thanks,
Lobos
As a former resident of Montreal, (now living in NYC) I'm saying hello to you. My specialty is Electrical wiring. But I'm also a DIY'er. Necessity and the realities of life have forced me (Nehhh... I'm enjoying it immensely). to dabble in other phases of construction. For example. I wanted to add suspended ceilings in my apartment. A commercial contractor asked $700. per room. The materials cost a TINY fraction of that. So I started out "Doing it Myself". You learn a lot along the way. Same goes for Plumbing. I don't call myself a Plumber, but I have a pretty good idea how the Plumbing system in a house works. Good luck on your project. (No matter what) :yes::no::drink:Don't Drink and Drive!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts