DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought a house last September, and there are some cracks above the garage doors I am working on filling in.

I bought some standard Quickcrete mortar, and buff coloring based on a friends recommendation, but the colors are all wrong.

Can anyone give me a recommendation on a mortar and/or mortar color to use to match?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Your best bet would be to use a White Premix mortar.
Than using a dry dye mix selected from a concrete color chart that comes close to the existing color.
When you get the above take say 1 Quart of the white premix and add small amounts of dry dye to the mix until you reach a color match. You may need to have two different dyes to get an exact match. MAKE sure you keep up with the amount of dye added. Than how ever many quarts used multiply to get the correct amount of dye. When water is added the color will be darker but will dry to the mixed color.
If you can't find the premix than use White Mortar mix & add sand pre blend dry add dye blend all together and make sure the color match is correct than add water. The same will apply here keep track of all measurements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts