DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all! I'm hoping to get a little help with some decorating ideas for my front room. I think some might refer to it as a great room or sitting room, but I'm not sure. I have pinned a million things on pinterest, but don't know how to apply them to this room in real life. As of right now, we don't make much use of this room, but I would like that to change. My two-year-old keeps his train table in this room, but it can always be relocated if necessary. We will be installing hardwood floor in the not-too-distant future; they will most likely be a medium to dark color. My hopes for this room are to make it more inviting for my family to use with maybe some sort of toy storage (how does such a small person take up so much room?!?). At the very least, I would like it to look nice for when guest come over. I don't have too big of a budget to dedicate to this room, but I am willing to spend a little.My husband is also very handy. I am open to any and all suggestions...the more specific the better. Thanks in advance for any and all of your help! Have a great weekend!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think for toy storage I would do a low shelving unit, cubby-style, under the window, with maybe cushions on top to have a window seat too, and baskets for the cubbies. With hardwood floors you probably want a nice big rug too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts