DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at making a new veranda with a cold room underneath and extending the roof to cover the area. The new veranda will run the width of the house and extend out about 4 feet. I do not know how to design the roof extension and would appreciate any help from those who have the knowledge and/or experience in this matter. See photos for a visual display.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I moved it for you. I didn't check first to see if you already re-posted the question, so, sorry if it winds up being duplicated.

Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
make it easy on yourself and just extend your front gable. It'll be less than half the work of extending the entire front and having to reconfigure the roof behind it. It'll keep some of it's aesthetic value too.

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
I like how you placed White Billboards on every distinguishing feature. As for your original question, first stop would be the County Permit Board, and if you have one, an Architectural board to determine if you can even do it, without causing taxes going up, and to make sure that everything is done right from the beginning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keeping the front gable is not something I had thought of. But the veranda and the extended roof would be covering most if not all the width of the house, so the pitch of the roof would all have to change. The photo below is how I had envisioned the finished roof. But don't know how to tie everything together in terms of the framing that is required.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts