DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a blower I salvaged from our old furnace that I'd like to use as ventilation in the garage but I'm not sure where to start.

The motor is a GE EDIT: 5SME39HL 0240 (HD44RE120 must be the Bryant model), marked 120/240v (I'm guessing/hoping it's set up for 120 but I have no idea how to tell or change it) single phase. I don't have the capacitor it came with -- but I'm also not sure if it had one.

There are 2 wiring harnesses plugged in to it as follows:

First:
1: Black
2: White
3: Green/yellow
And pins 4-5 are jumpered

Second:
1: Yellow
2: Red
3: Blue
4: Green

If someone could at least give me a clue as to where to start I would be forever grateful. I think I've gathered that red and blue are for speed control, but would I wire that to hot, neutral or ground?

Edit: Now that I had the right model # I did find the document below. The pins aren't the same but it does give me a little to work with. I tried wiring white and black on the first harness to hot and neutral, grounding green and grounding red from the second harness. No go.

http://gpsinformation.info/joe/carrier/GE_ECM_data.txt

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
First:
1: Black - L1 - 120V
2: White -L2 - 120V
3: Green/yellow - Ground
And pins 4-5 are jumpered - I think is rotation

Second:
1: Yellow - Speed - not use
2: Red - Speed - not use
3: Blue - Speed - Not use
4: Green - Ground

Where is the brown wires for the capacitor?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's it for wires, there are no brown. According to that document I linked those last 2 pins are jumpered to run @110, open for 220. I hope that's right. I'll try your way out tonight. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts