DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Not sure if this is the right catagory. I am having a problem with the stucco that is on the outside of my home. From some reason, it has started to crack and come apart in this once specific area of the house...I have attached pictures.

I am not what to do at this point. What caused the issue and how do i fix it?

Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
You need to supply some details. Was the surface painted before the stucco was applied? Is that dark spot a hole? Discoloration? How long has the stucco been up? Where do you live? Cold climate?
Looks like water damage. Has it occured any other place?
Ron

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure what was done when the stucco was applied...I bought the house 3 yrs ago and the stucco was already on. The house is old....about 80 yrs....

As for the climate, I live in NJ.....This basically started to crack at the end of last summer and got worse through the winter...

That is the only place where it has cracked like that....how do i diagnose and fix?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is the dark spot a hole? If so that may be your problem. If the crack started in the summer it was not due to freezing but that may be why it got worse over the winter. Once the crack was there it allowed moisture in and froze, popping off more stucco. Your house looks like a house around the corner from me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.