DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
hvac tile, potlights
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I got in contact with a store a couple hours a way from me and they have a generic model that they said will work for $700.
Will do a bit more research but think I will settle on this if I can’t find an alternative

·
Registered
16,562 Posts
For replacing your motor, will need interface/module regrdless of type, it doesn't have the programming.
The set up is tricky for the novice - you'll need to set delays and airflow.
You'll need a stem type thermometer to insert into supply and return duct.

·
Registered
hvac tile, potlights
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
For replacing your motor, will need interface/module regrdless of type, it doesn't have the programming.
The set up is tricky for the novice - you'll need to set delays and airflow.
You'll need a stem type thermometer to insert into supply and return duct.
I watched some videos on the Rescue EZ16 motor and the techs said it was a good option when the OEM is difficult to find,

Thoughts?

·
Registered
16,562 Posts
I only have access to the information that you do - but if you buy a generic, we can guide you through setting up the airflow for heating and then disabling high heat. (it can be re-enabled if needed)

Maybe supers05 or roughneck have used that product, will see if either reply.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Anyone have some input before I place an order do this motor ?
It is your money. Do you have the option of free return ?
Does it comes with "Module" (variable speed)
Is your module also burned up ?
Did you take a picture of current wiring ?

I asked you this question already, without reply from you.
Does the motor gets power ? or is the Fuse blown ?

·
Registered
hvac tile, potlights
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I only have access to the information that you do - but if you buy a generic, we can guide you through setting up the airflow for heating and then disabling high heat. (it can be re-enabled if needed)

Thanks man, really appreciate it

·
Registered
483 Posts
Before spending $700 do some investigation. Just because you saw some minor black stain means nothing.

Check the Fuse for the motor first.
Then check if the motor gets power from the relay.
Switch the motor too lower or higher speed.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts

I've been stupid busy. I don't want to say anything until I review it in more detail.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
I got in contact with a store a couple hours a way from me and they have a generic model that they said will work for $700.
Will do a bit more research but think I will settle on this if I can’t find an alternative
That motor will work. They are selling it close to wholesole. So either they are not marking up much or it's older stock that's pre inflation priced. Had a coworker install one a few days ago.

You'll also want to have a clamp on amp meter (multi meter). Preferably a true RMS meter. There's a few cheap manometer kits. I'd suggest getting one. Dwyer has a cheap version.

·
Registered
hvac tile, potlights
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
That motor will work. They are selling it close to wholesole. So either they are not marking up much or it's older stock that's pre inflation priced. Had a coworker install one a few days ago.

You'll also want to have a clamp on amp meter (multi meter). Preferably a true RMS meter. There's a few cheap manometer kits. I'd suggest getting one. Dwyer has a cheap version.
I’ll order one off Amazon, or head to Home Depot tmw and see if they have one. Do you mind letting me know what the RMS meter will be needed for when doing the install?

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
I’ll order one off Amazon, or head to Home Depot tmw and see if they have one. Do you mind letting me know what the RMS meter will be needed for when doing the install?
You'll want to verify that it's consuming a current draw below it's rating at the highest speed. It'll come in handy in future troubleshooting.

Canadian Tire has a Mastercraft meter I like when it's on sale. It usually goes on sale for about 30-40% off.

·
Registered
16,562 Posts
You'll need to put a non-pleated, low restriction filter (like fiberglass or hogs hair) before doing the adjustments - 1" 16x25 pleat is way too restrictive for that furnace.

Airflow adjusted for proper temp rise. (supply minus return air temp)

Reactions: supers05

·
Registered
hvac tile, potlights
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
You'll need to put a non-pleated, low restriction filter (like fiberglass or hogs hair) before doing the adjustments - 1" 16x25 pleat is way too restrictive for that furnace.

Airflow adjusted for proper temp rise. (supply minus return air temp)
Would this be adequate ?

Attachments

21 - 40 of 64 Posts