DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to check this out! I'm having some trouble trying to figure out the best process for making this patio look decent. I would like to use the quikrete resurfacer but the majority of the pitting on this slab is well over what the resurfacer thickness should be. Since the majority of the slab surface is messed up I think its beyond a basic concrete patch. Most stores around here carry only quikcrete products. Anyone have any ideas of what I can use(that bonds really well to old concrete) to fill these pits before I use the resurfacer? Thanks for looking

Attachments

·
Too Short? Cut it Again!
9,634 Posts
Break it up and start over. How thick is that slab?

I do not mean to sound harsh but you cannot fix the surface of that which was so badly thought in the first place. That concrete has to flake on you at this point.

Sorry, but do not shoot the messenger.

·
Registered
37,174 Posts
And figure out want's causing it to fail.
What are all those drain lines doing that look like there dumping right on the slab?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The downspout is from the roof of a small porch. Some genius thought it was a great idea to put it there! I guess I should explain the situation as well. My daughters bday is coming up soon I'm really just looking for a way to make it look ok. Within 3 years max the whole back is getting a deck and that slab will be torn out as well as that awful porch so we can properly grade it. There is no moisture issues but I feel much much better about tearing the whole thing out. Anyways there is a spot next to the stairs that is getting repoured as it has completely broken of. I was just trying to see if anyone knew what I could use to fill the deep spalling before I put that resurfacer down

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
horsepuckey, that's not all that bad,,, you can use resurfacer more than once,,, basic pressure wash, fill divots w/rapid set, use squeegee to float on resurfacer,,, if not thrilled w/surface texture, do it again & give it a broom finish

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
horsepuckey, that's not all that bad,,, you can use resurfacer more than once,,, basic pressure wash, fill divots w/rapid set, use squeegee to float on resurfacer,,, if not thrilled w/surface texture, do it again & give it a broom finish
Looks like you've fallen victim to the Recommended Reading too. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts