DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have this dated 70’s dark wood room divider between our front entrance and the kitchen. It looks like the outdoor wooden barrier material that they used is what is generally to keep bunnies out from underneath trailers. We can’t remove it because there is a hot water heater that is right under it. I attempted to cover it up with wainscoting but I really am not excited about how that turned out. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trying to post a picture of the other side but there is baseboard hot water heat that runs along the bottom of the side not pictured:/ if this ‘feature’ was removed there would be a ankle level heater left over.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
We have this dated 70’s dark wood room divider between our front entrance and the kitchen. It looks like the outdoor wooden barrier material that they used is what is generally to keep bunnies out from underneath trailers. We can’t remove it because there is a hot water heater that is right under it. I attempted to cover it up with wainscoting but I really am not excited about how that turned out. Any other suggestions?
I'm late to the party here. I think you did a great job on the wainscotting, you just didn't go "far" enough IMO.

If that were my house I'd thicken the wall up, and panel the post and "wall" entirely - something along these lines:

Maybe even something "narrow shelf" like this for either kitchen storage or shoe storage:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts