DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)

I am so happy right now :whistling2: Company is coming over and beenthere's ears should be burning tonight. Can't wait to tell them about how he helped me fix my HVAC problem.

Sure I can post pic(s)...maybe too many? can you tell I'm proud?
Beenthere is my hero, Karen

BTW: Those extra two wires that are wire nutted (first pic) are from the new transformer I put in. They don't make the exact old one I had that only had four wires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to wire a/c control wires to your furance board?

So I did what you said first, jumped the GH to the R put the power back and turned it on and nothin...BUT then after about 90 seconds and the snowflake started flashing!!! and then the condenser came on and it is all fixed and heat & A/C both work perfect! Still no power between y and c but now there is power between c and gh, when calling for the cooling.

Thank you again, Beenthere. What a great feeling to have that fixed correctly now. :)Karen:)
Congratulation to your success! I had the same problem as yours. However, you didn't mention how you wire two a/c control wires to your furance board: white wire to C and Red wire to Y? As you mention that there is no voltage between C and Y. How did you wire them? Your information is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The two incoming from the a/c outside are red and white. You can see a good pic of it posted. The furnace board is marked: c y gc gh r w (from left to right). The red from outside is wired to the y of the furnace, together with the yellow wire from the thermostat. The white from the outside is wired to the c of the furnace, together with the black from the thermostat.

Your wiring colors may be different.

You need to ask Beenthere any questions you have about this, he is
THE MAN!

You are dealing with 220 volts at points inside the furnace...be careful, and post some pics to make it easier for Beenthere to see what you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm a newb and hope that I am not violating board protocol resurrecting an old thread.

I have a Carrier 58GS050-2 that I replaced the blower motor and controller on.

My heat works just fine, I have followed this entire thread and the condenser still refuses to come on.

I put the thermostat to cool and see 26VAC across C and Y on the controller board yet the ac unit outside will not turn on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You know it always takes almost 2 minutes for my a/c condenser to start up...how long did you wait?

Carefully go back over Beenthere's instructions...these in particular:

"Thermostat should have a wire(usually red) on RC or RH, with a jumper to the opposite terminal.
Another wire should be on the C terminal(could be black, blue or some other color).
Then a wire on the W terminal(usually white)
One on the G terminal(usually green)
And one on the Y terminal(usually yelow)

On the furnace control board(ICM271)
R terminal should have the wire that connects to the stat RH/RC
Control board R should be jumper to control board GH
Control board W terminal should have the wire that connects to the stats W connected to it.
Control board GC should have the wire that connects the stats G terminal connected to it.
Control board Y terminal, should have the wire that connects to the stats Y teminal, along with one of the wires from the A/C outside unit.
Control board C terminal should have the wire from the stat that is connected to the C terminal connected to it, along with the other wire from the A/C outdoor unit.

Don't jumper control board GC and GH together. "

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only thing I am missing is a "C" terminal on the thermostat otherwise I have gone over beenthere's instructions point by point at least half a dozen times.

I am wired as below:

T-stat -> ICM271 -> Outside
G -> GC
Y -> Y -> A/C
W -> W
RC-RH -> R-GH
(no term) C -> A/C

Thanks for the reply, I am totally stumped. Do I need a new T-Stat?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I feel for you Rajon. :wallbash:
If I were you I would start a new post in HVAC with "BEENTHERE please help" in the title. Include a couple pics if you can.
Hope you get it fixed, Karen

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.