DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Just found this site this morning and signed up immediately. I'm a retired police officer and digital forensic analyst, now working in the lighting and electrical department of a national home improvement warehouse store. The things I'm learning there are great, but I want to know more about the electrical stuff to help me in my own projects and also be able to help my customers more. Don't worry, I won't be spamming anyone here with store stuff. I'm just here to learn and help others when I'm able.
Ken

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Welcome to the site Ken. The lighting job probably isn’t as exciting as your old PD career. Until someone connects all the wires together and tried to turn something on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site Ken. The lighting job probably isn’t as exciting as your old PD career. Until someone connects all the wires together and tried to turn something on.
Haha no doubt. It's definitely a different type of work, but I'm really enjoying it. I'm learning a lot, but have a lot more to learn.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Hi Ken and welcome to the forum. As you settle in here you will discover a wealth of information on many subjects. Good you want to advance your knowledge to help others in your current job as I have received some scary advice from my local box stores.

Enjoy
Bud

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bud! I definitely don't want to tell anyone bad information, so I'm trying to learn all I can for sure. I'm definitely not an electrician, so I won't give advice on things that might kill someone. People come in occasionally wanting me to do that and I refer them to a licensed electrician as appropriate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts