DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a little searching tonight and came across this site. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Two years ago, with the support of my husband, I quit my regular full time job of 12 years to fix and flip houses.

I was fixing them and flipping them after hours from the regular job but I enjoy this more than what I was doing, plus if you ask my husband he'll tell you it keeps me out of trouble.

I've been in some form of the construction industry....from lumber store manager, blueprint estimator, roofer, sider, you name it for 25 years.

I do approximately 90% of the work myself and the other 10% I subcontract out.

In my off time I enjoy reading, riding my harley and am a volunteer with a local all breed animal rescue. Hubby and I currently share our home with two resident dogs...a rottie and a rottie mix, two resident cats and two foster cats.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
11,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum, all of you!

Enjoy..... partake, answer....

Gary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,113 Posts
Welcom from a Minnesota neighbor. - East or west Wisconsin?, since it is good to narrow it down the get better specific replies on anything on the exterior.

Dick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Pretty much the same...not much changes around here. I was born and raised about a mile from where I live now. Most people I grew up with couldn't wait to leave, I wanted to stay...I love the big lake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
I've been down to Janesville many times. All my extended family is in Madison. In fact I'll be down there for a reunion next weekend. Is there still a GM truck/suv assembly plant there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been down to Janesville many times. All my extended family is in Madison. In fact I'll be down there for a reunion next weekend. Is there still a GM truck/suv assembly plant there?
The buildings are still there but it's been shut down for about 4 years now. Heck it'll probably stand vacant till the end of time.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top