DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

This looks like a great forum. I have already learned things from just perusing.

Easterner here from Nova Scotia - I am a fairly new homeowner (just over 3 years) in a 57y/o home. Love this place, great character. They REALLY don't build 'em like this anymore. I know every nook and cranny of this place and I am really enjoying learning her secrets and making her my own.

I've done some basic renos of 600sqft of living space in our add-on, resurfaced the original hardwood floors I found hiding under 40y/o carpet, upgraded all the insulation, and now I'm about to install an Air Exchanger because apparently you can really tighten up an older home. Who knew? :laughing:

Looking forward to asking my share of questions.

Cheers,
Craig

·
Super Moderator
14,401 Posts
Welcome Craig, glad to have you with us, looking forward to seeing some pictures of your home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - we're doing pretty good so far this winter. There's less than a half-metre on the ground.

Snow is fine with me. Besides being a typical Eastern Canadian who doesn't care, it isolates me to focus on in-house projects. Once the temperatures creep up a few more degrees I'll be straying to work on the project that sits in many pieces in my garage. :)

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts